Misunderstandings In The Treatment of Lumbar Spondylosis
Lumbar spondylosis refers to lesions caused by lumbar disc herniation, stenosis, slippage, fission, degeneration, deformity, instability, and lumbar bone hyperplasia and ligament hyperplasia. for more. Lumbar intervertebral disc herniation (bulging), cervical spondylosis, bone hyperplasia, various neck, shoulder, waist and leg pain are common diseases and frequently-occurring diseases in middle-aged and elderly people. For chronic diseases that occur, patients should adhere to the doctor's advice to complete the entire treatment and rehabilitation process. To avoid the lack of timely and effective treatment, or to give up the course of treatment in the middle, the cure rate of the disease is reduced or the curative effect is poor. The following are some common misunderstandings about the treatment of lumbar spondylosis to help our friends improve their health concepts.
Misunderstanding 1: It is easy to be misdiagnosed and mistreated.
Symptoms caused by lumbar spine disease include: pain, stiffness, numbness in legs, headache, dizziness, tinnitus, vomiting, chest pain, palpitations and sweating, waist and leg pain, lameness, fatigue, gait instability, etc.
The above symptoms are easily related to the heart. Cerebrovascular disease confusion. It can easily lead to misdiagnosis and delay in treatment.
According to statistics, 50% of the above-mentioned symptoms of patients are caused by lumbar spondylosis, and lumbar spondylosis is divided into several different syndromes. When diagnosing, it is not only necessary to analyze the disease stage of the patient: early stage, stage, and late stage, It is also necessary to judge the degeneration of the intervertebral disc, the shrinkage of the annulus fibrosus, the narrowing of the intervertebral space, and the degree of sclerosis of the vertebral body. After years of clinical experience, we remind you that once you suffer from the above symptoms, you must go to a professional medical institution for examination and diagnosis, so as to avoid misdiagnosis and mistreatment.
Misunderstanding 2: Covering up the pain, not curing it!
Some patients with lumbar spondylosis, when the pain comes, only feel the symptoms of the disease, go to the pharmacy to buy some plaster, stick a patch or buy some painkillers to cover up the pain. Although it can temporarily relieve lumbar spine pain caused by fatigue or external exposure to wind and cold, it is difficult for patients with lumbar disc herniation and severe stenosis symptoms.
The pain symptoms cannot be controlled, and they will be bedridden, so it is very easy to cause osteoporosis. , Loss of calcium in bone, leading to peptic ulcer, bleeding, femoral head necrosis and other adverse sequelae.
Myth 3: Stop treatment if symptoms subside.
Some people feel less pain after a period of treatment, and after the symptoms improve, they give up follow-up treatment because they are busy with work and cannot ask for leave. In fact, this is wrong. The treatment of any disease requires three-stage treatment, such as anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving, and promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis is only the first stage of treatment. During the illness, people's body functions decline and their self-repair ability is poor. Not only will the previous efforts fail, it will also lead to repeated episodes of the disease.
Myth 4: Delaying treatment.
Some people try to save trouble, but they don't get cured when they get sick, and they feel that it will be over after a long time. This kind of approach is very irrational. A minor illness can turn into a serious illness, hurting myself and dragging down my family. Many lumbar spine patients come to our hospital for treatment with severe lameness, or they are pushed in by their family members in wheelchairs. After professional treatment in this hospital, the curative effect is fast and the effect is good, so that they can return to normal work. Patients often sigh with emotion: "If I knew earlier, I would find a professional doctor for consultation, early treatment, good treatment, less money, and no disturbance to family members who can't work with peace of mind!" Indeed, early detection, early diagnosis, and early prevention, Always the core concept of disease prevention and treatment!
In addition to reminding everyone to avoid misunderstandings in medical treatment, paying attention to correct living habits is the first step in prevention!
What should be paid attention to in the prevention of lumbar spondylosis in life?
1. In the process of daily work, people who often use computers should pay special attention to the correct sitting posture. The correct sitting posture is that the waist is straight, the waist and the thighs maintain a 90-degree angle, the thighs and the calves maintain a 90-degree angle, and the upper arm and the forearm of the upper limbs also need to maintain a 90-degree angle, that is, maintain three 90-degree standard sitting postures. In addition, try to avoid sitting for a long time in daily life, and try to get up and move your muscles and bones after sitting for 1 hour. Students who have studied Neijiagong spine health care can also stretch the spine for 1-2 minutes in situ.
Coach Maggie demonstrates the correct sitting posture
2. When resting at home, most people like to watch TV while leaning on the sofa. In order to avoid muscle strain on the lower back, the correct sitting posture is to keep the lower back straight. If necessary, place a moderate-sized pillow between the lower back and the sofa back. , try to avoid back flexion or semi-sitting on the sofa.
3. The driver of the vehicle can add a soft pillow between the waist and the backrest to reduce the pressure on the waist.
4. When sleeping, try to sleep on a hard bed, take a supine position, and avoid back flexion.
5. When lifting heavy objects, you should take the correct posture, that is, bend your knees and hips first, and lift your back as straight as possible. You cannot directly bend over to lift heavy objects to prevent damage to the supraspinous ligament, small joint disorders or Lumbar disc herniation.
Here are a few simple and effective health remedies:
1. Leg kick: Lie on your back, flex your hips and knees as much as possible, and tighten the dorsum of your feet (dorsiflexion). Then, after the heel is pushed out diagonally upward (about 45 degrees), tighten the muscles of the calf and lower it to restore. Alternate legs for twenty to sixty times.
2. Oral administration: Chinese patent medicine for promoting blood circulation and removing stasis, strengthening kidney and nourishing waist, and supplementing physical energy
3. Xiaofeiyan: Lie on your stomach, put your hands on your waist, stretch your upper body and your legs up at the same time, and make a bow. Be careful not to bend your knees. Try to stay in this position for as long as possible, the longer the better.
Coach Maggie demonstrates Xiaofeiyan Chiropractic
4. Lower waist and back extension: The legs are about shoulder width apart, and the toes are inward. Bend forward elastically so that your hands touch the ground. Then reset and stretch your waist back, and stretch back to the maximum amount elastically. Repeat five to ten times, increase the range of motion after the condition improves, pay attention to gradual progress.
5. It is recommended that everyone participate in our Wudang Neijia Gongfa course. It not only helps the early recovery of low back and leg pain, but also improves the health energy index. It is an excellent exercise program.
Click Here For Meridian Classes Info 🔗
I hope the above articles can help you relieve your low back pain. If you have any health problems, Li Natural Healthcare will provide you with health advice.