Skincare Essentials for Spring
Spring is here! It's time for the flowers to bloom, new lives to be born and the recovery of all things. Everything seems beautiful, but are you aware of the hidden "dangers" for your skin?
As the temperature rises, the skin becomes dry, begins to peel, prone to rashes, acne, etc., and the problems go on from there.
In addition to sun protection while outdoors, the following practical methods are highly recommended for spring skincare regime:
Appropriate Skin Hydration
Do you always feel dry after washing your face, the skin on your face often feels tight and lacks elasticity when you touch your face with your hands.
Another indication of dryness is when you look in the mirror, if you find that your complexion is dull, the skin around your eyes has fine lines, your skin feels itchy or dry and peeling after taking a shower, and your face is prone to oily T-zone but your cheeks are getting drier, that means your skin is an urgent need of correct hydration.
Due to the gradual rise of the temperature in Spring, the secretion of sebaceous glands has also begun to flourish, and the climate in early Spring is relatively dry, the skin is more prone to dryness and cracking.
Moisturizing is the first important recommendation of Spring skincare. But how do we moisturize for a better skin condition?
4 Things to do for Hydration
1) The most important thing is to maintain the body's hydration level, by drinking sufficient amount of water every day. Drinking water can be easily forgotten, so set several alarms to prevent yourself from forgetting to drink water when you are busy. In addition to hydration, drinking plenty of water is also for detoxification and discharge of waste from the body.
How much is enough? According to The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is: About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day for men. About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women.
2) Mornings and evenings are important times to replenish the skin's hydration, by using mild and natural hydration massage oil and skin lotions (be sure that these products are something you have used before, or products with natural ingredients to prevent further allergy).
3) Regularly apply a moisturizing and hydrating facial mask to retain moisture on the skin. If you already experience cracking or visible dryness after washing face, you could also try applying fresh Aloe Vera juice (fresh from Aloe leaf if possible) to the face for 10 mins, before showering. Do this 3 times a week, you will notice significant difference in your skin's complexion!
4) Humidity in the air is also important. It is recommended to use a humidifier with an essential oil dispenser, tree oil and lavenders are both good choices for Spring time!
In Spring, the temperature changes greatly, and it is windy and dry, which can easily make sensitive skin unable to adapt. In the season of blooming flowers, pollen and catkins flutter in the wind, making sensitive skin more prone to allergic reactions such as skin eczema and rashes, causing redness, dryness, peeling, and itching.
When allergic reactions such as skin redness, itching, and dryness occur, do not touch it with your hands, and do not use hormone ointments indiscriminately. Long-term use of hormone ointments to reduce inflammation can easily lead to sequelae of skin atrophy and hyperpigmentation.
In case of facial allergic reaction, you can use pure cold water to wet compress for emergency treatment. An effective and natural plant to relief skin allergy is Aloe Vera, ideally fresh from Aloe Vera leaf. Always have a piece of leaf in the fridge ready for relieving skin reactions. They can also be applied on a regular basis to treat dryness and skin eczemas.
Aloe Vera is a plant that can easily survive, even in a pot, so having the plant is a good idea, whether you have a large backyard or a cozy patio.
Herbal Teas to Soothe Dry & Itchy Skin
- Ease allergy symptoms
- Sooth respiratory system
- Relieve itchy eyes, runny nose, coughing
- 100% natural high quality hand picked herbs
Have a cup of tea and enjoy the outdoors again!
MADE IN USA using high quality herbs, this medicinal tea is an all-natural powerful alternative to allergy meds. This effective formula helps relieve itchy eyes, runny nose, sore throats, and coughing associated with seasonal allergies.*